Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Layla
Frequent Visitor

Finanical Modeling Plugin for Power BI

Hi guys, I am currently doing research on how to transfer data models from SAP HANA & ECC to Power BI. We have some financial modeling built within SAP HANA & ECC, I am just wondering if there is any off the shelf financial modeling plugin for Power BI that we can build upon. If not, when I load all the data from SAP HANA &ECC, will the relationships between tables be uploaded as well?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Layla

In POWER BI Desktop, you can select DirectQuery Mode when connecting to SAP HANA Database. It can load the relationships between tables automatically. But it can't do modeling when using DirectQuery mode. If you use "Import Data" mode, you can do some simple modeling like adding calculated column and measures, or manage the relationship manually. For more details, please see:

Use DirectQuery in Power BI Desktop

Use SAP HANA in Power BI Desktop

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Layla

In POWER BI Desktop, you can select DirectQuery Mode when connecting to SAP HANA Database. It can load the relationships between tables automatically. But it can't do modeling when using DirectQuery mode. If you use "Import Data" mode, you can do some simple modeling like adding calculated column and measures, or manage the relationship manually. For more details, please see:

Use DirectQuery in Power BI Desktop

Use SAP HANA in Power BI Desktop

Regards,

Thank you, Simon!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.