Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Financial Week Totals

Hi

Ive asked this before but i since realised i need a slightly different answer. Iam trying to get the totals for each week. I have in my table week number and fiscal number, Year & Week Number also day number. When I try and do something with the data the year & week number can not be sorted and there are 7 of the same week numbers as there are 7 days before it changes to the next number.

Screenshot 2019-12-11 at 15.41.24.pngIs there a way that this can be added up so I can do week on week comparisons. As will probably be aware reading this I am relatively new so if you could talk through the best way and include any measurements I may need to do to achieve this The weeks i will need it for are from 2017, 2018 andn 2019.  Will it be best to let the weeks runconsecutivly or will it be ok for tehm to reset year after tear starting from 1 again? thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I don't get you. You want to count the Fiscal Weeknum or calculate sum of values based on Fiscal Weeknum? Or the column of Fiscal Weeknum that you creaetd is not correct. You want to create a new one?

I created a sample that calculates sum of values based on Fiscal Weeknum. If it is what you want, you could have a try. If not, please share your expected results. Then we will understand clearly.

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Sales]),ALLEXCEPT('Date','Date'[Fiscal Weeknum]))

5.PNG

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Thank you for the insight and it nearly works. I require this calculation for each week and year, i noticed that your week numbers have increments of 4 weeks. I am trying to get the totals for each fiscal week from 2017 - 2019 to i can compare week on week the sales.

Your solution nearly works but i think its adding up each fiscal year week number if that makes sense. As it spread over 3 years there will be 3 x fiscal week 12,13,14 etc.

I need the year column, Fiscal week to be consecutive and a total next to it so comparisons can be made. I hope this makes more sense.

I need the year column,  Fiscal week to be conscutive and a total next to it so comparisions can be made.  I hope this makes more scence. @v-xuding-msft thank you 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.