Frequent Visitor

Re: Final client status by grouping on selected date range

Thanks you @AlB for the take on this challenge! As you wrote, your measure shows the last status only for the whole period, which is the reason why my approach was to start by grouping the values. I am not sure how to solve this tricky selection part though..

AlB Member

[ Edited ]

@Arturs

Have you tried to use a Date slicer? It should work with that. It seems to be working for me.

AlB Member

Hi @v-lili6-msft

I am quite curious about the

'Raw LH'[CreatedDateTime].[Date]

that you show as I had not seen it before. So you can access the components of date-type data with than syntax? Is this syntax used in other ways too or with other data types?  Can I read about it somewhere?

Is the above actually a shortcut for:

DATE(YEAR(Raw LH'[CreatedDateTime]), 
MONTH(Raw LH'[CreatedDateTime]),
DAY(Raw LH'[CreatedDateTime])
)

Thanks very much

Highlighted
Community Support Team

hi, @AlB

Yes, you could use this formula must before create a relationship with a date table. 

, of course, you could use your formula,

DATE(YEAR(Raw LH'[CreatedDateTime]), 
MONTH(Raw LH'[CreatedDateTime]),
DAY(Raw LH'[CreatedDateTime])
)

Best Regards,

Lin

AlB Member

Thanks @v-lili6-msft

Is thet syntax that you provide, with the dot, only available for dates  or in others cases as well? That's what I was most curious about.

Frequent Visitor

@AlBThe measure your provided shows the max status for the whole period. If date slicer de-selects this max interaction, it will disapear and will not get recalculated. Maybe I am bad at explaining what I want to achieve, so let me illustrate - we have a client with 3 interactions:

ClientInteractionIDDateOldStatusNewStatus
xyzxyz101.decAB
xyzxyz203.decBC
xyzxyz305.decCD

If the date slicer has selected 12.01 - 12.05, the max interaction in this range is xyz3 and the respective max status = "D", therefore I need the output to be like this:

MeasureValue
B0
C0
D1

However, now suppose I adjust date slicer to 12.01 - 12.04 The max interaction in this range is xyz2 and the respective max status = "C", therefore I need the output to look like this:

MeasureValue
B0
C1
D0

This is what I am trying to achieve. I think that your measure is close to what I need, but I lack the knowledge to tweak it.

AlB Member

Hey @Arturs what's up

I haven't yet had time to look in detail at your latest post but what is the status on this? Have you made any progress?