Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MokaSatya
Employee
Employee

Filters with logical Operators

Hello Experts,

Do we have any option to increase the conditions in the filter or a Advanced slicer to filter based on And\Or operators?

Here is my customer requirement, 

In the report he need an option to filter the column based on logical operators , i have eabled the filters in the report to use Advanced filter option, find the screenshot below, here it supports only 2 conditions. but the requirement is with more conditions (Title contains "Outlook" OR Title contains "OWA" AND Title Contains "Not Working".... etc), customer change these conditions to analyse the trend.

Filter.PNG

Can you please suggest the solution? 

Best Regards

Satya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @MokaSatya ,

You can plot multiple slicers to make them function as filters,such as below:

Annotation 2020-04-09 151843.pngAnnotation 2020-04-09 151915.png

Here is a reference about slicer : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-slicers

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JAWL

How do you enable advanced filter in PowerBI?

JAWL_0-1667969220278.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

You can create a measure with multiple filter

calculate([Measure], filter(table,<Condition>&&/|| <Condition>))

I am looking for a provision to provide the filter option to the end user . in this senario we are projecting Tickets information in the report with a daily Ticket volume and a Table with Tickets, daily volume is around 20K. requirement is to provide a provision to end user to filter the data based on his Text search.

suppose end user would like to filter the data with 3 or 4 conditions using AND\OR operators  , how to do that?, slicer dont have option to filter data with Logical operator, and i see filter feature in power bi support only 2 conditions at once like in the screenshot provided.

Hi @MokaSatya ,

You can plot multiple slicers to make them function as filters,such as below:

Annotation 2020-04-09 151843.pngAnnotation 2020-04-09 151915.png

Here is a reference about slicer : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-slicers

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors