Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AliceW
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Filters / using them for a new column

Hello good people!

After many attempts, I gave up home of solving this myself so here I am. Your time on this will be appreciated.

So, I have a table showing the Opportunities present in a given date (with some details such as their Forecast Category, Region, or Subscription ACV value).

For example, on 24-Apr we had 3 Opportunities, on 14-May 4 etc.

The 'INITIAL/FINAL' column is the key. The user selects which date is INITIAL and which date is final via an awesome variable.

What I would need is, for every line labeled INITIAL (in this case, 24-Apr), to have a new column (say, 'Final Subscription'), where the number from the FINAL line appears.

Check out the PBIX file: Test PBI.pbix

Screenshot_4.png

I've tried with some measures but nothing 😞 Please help!

Thank you,

Alice

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@AliceW ,

Based on your sample data and description, you want to move the Final Date Subscription to the INITIAL Date rows based on user selection, right? So why the fourth line in table visual can't be moved?

Capture.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

AliceW
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @v-yuta-msft Jimmy,

I can't figure out how to copy the Subscription ACV value in the 'final' line of the same Opp number in a new column in the 'initial' line.

I'd like to have both 'initial' and 'final' Subscription ACV value of, say, Opp #1 in the 'initial line.

I was thinking to maybe creating a new table (somehow) with only the 'final' versions and connect it to the existing one. Then, I could go crazy with the RELATED function and bring everything in, as it would be a many-to-one relationship.

Thanks!

Alice

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@AliceW ,

Based on your sample data and description, you want to move the Final Date Subscription to the INITIAL Date rows based on user selection, right? So why the fourth line in table visual can't be moved?

Capture.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.