Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nagaraj
Post Patron
Post Patron

Filters to Embed URL in Power BI Embedded

Hi,

I have a requirement to append the filters like below to the Embed URL in (Power BI Embedded)

?filter=Store/Territory eq 'NC' and Store/Chain eq 'Fashions Direct'

Was following as mentioned in this link 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-url-filters

Manually if i try this its working, but when adding filters to Embed URL its not working.

Please guide if I am doing to correctly and how to resolve this.

REgards

Nagaraj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-deddai1-msft 

I was able to add URL filters to Embed URL and its working. Below is the syntax i used

report.EmbedUrl + "&filter=FundProperty/FundName eq \\'Eagle\\'";

Regards

Nagaraj

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Ahak
Frequent Visitor

Hi @nagaraj 

Is their also a possibility to add an parameter instead of "hardword" for examlpe the the customerID? 

thanks and best regards,

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

HI @amitchandak 

Below URL referring to how the filters can be applied in the javascript. But as per the below documentation i can see that we can embed the fitlers directly in the URL so that no need to use javascript API for this task and is easy for some scenarios 

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/updates/power-bi-embedded-advanced-url-filtering-capabilities/

2.jpg

Hi @nagaraj ,

It is not supported to add URL Filters to Power BI Embedded URL in Power BI currently .There is an idea about this issue, please vote it up, Allow filters in the url for an embedded report , to improve the Power BI.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Hi @v-deddai1-msft 

I was able to add URL filters to Embed URL and its working. Below is the syntax i used

report.EmbedUrl + "&filter=FundProperty/FundName eq \\'Eagle\\'";

Regards

Nagaraj

Hi @nagaraj,

I noticed that your URL contains \\ before and after Eagle. Is it escape character?

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

yes those are escape characters. We are passing the URL from dotnet to Javascript API, hence the first slash is escape sequence in C# and the second one is for escape sequence for Javascript Regards Nagaraj

Hi @nagaraj ,

Thank you for sharing the solution and explaining it for me , Would you please accept your reply as answer that people with same issue would find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

done.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.