Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filters on this Page

Hi,

I have "Filters on this Page" with a certain critera, but i want to exclude a certain visual in the same page from that filter is that possible?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
ray_ux
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous  I don't get why you wouldn't want to apply a filter on the individual visuals rather than page. But I assume it might interfere with other visuals depending on the filter.  Can be prevented by using the interaction if you were to apply filters on the individual visuals.

ray_wu_0-1659939538702.png

PC2790
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @Anonymous ,

You will have to use the visual level filter and not the page level:

PC2790_0-1659939132411.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are so many visuals on the page except for 1 visual for all the visuals that filter is required and if I add the same filter to all visuals the performance will be affected.

Hi @Anonymous 

>> There are so many visuals on the page except for 1 visual for all the visuals that filter is required and if I add the same filter to all visuals the performance will be affected.

For page-level filter, it will apply to all visuals on that page without exception. As a workaround, you can create a slicer, make this slicer effective for all visuals on the page, and then change the interaction settings for individual visual, in this case, you only need to change the settings for a single visual

Regards,

OliT

ray_ux
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous the filter should already be applied to the visual without excluding? could you show some examples?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ray_ux,

Here is the example:

hvsuhas_0-1659938773322.png

There are so many table/cards in the page, but this is just an example with 2 visuals.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.