Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DieLem
Helper II
Helper II

Filters not applying to all graphs

Good Day,

I have trouble with a filter that is not applying correctly accross both of my charts.

The file can be found here (TestBudgetDif): https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1P10op_192ac_m-QGqt-QjolaLZSIMc_t

In the first tab, YTD Revenue, there is revenue on the top graph, with a budget target line. Below is the monthly deficit between the Budget and the Revenue. This works fine.

In the second tab, YTD Home Revenue, I have added a filter to the Revenue graph and the Budget deficit to only show one stream of the revenue (Home). The Revenue graph updates accordingly but the Budget deficit does not. It evaluates the difference between total Budget and Home revenue.

Likewise in the third tab, YTD School Revenue, the filter is School revenue but the Budget deficit is not update accordingly (Easy to see as the revenue and budget are both below 10M but the difference is shown as 33M)

On the deficit tab I want the filter I apply on the revenue stream to show the difference between only those two streams of income.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @DieLem,

You can try it if my sample suitable for your requirement.

I remove your visual level filter 'year month' and use two sync slicers to instead.(one to filter on monthly budget, other filter on ytd revenue) You can use sync slicers to filter on multiple pages.

12.PNG

Notice:

1. Power bi not support to return different values from single slicer.

2. Current slicer only support filter on selected value, if you want to achieve running year revenue effect, you need to use other table as 'if parameter' to return value and write a measure as filter tag to apply filter effect.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft,

I want to do what you say but I do not exactly understand. If you look in the third tab "YTD School Revenue" the difference is still 33M. It should be smaller values as in the graph above it.

How do I get the bottom graph to calculate "YTD Difference between 'School Stream Revenue' and 'School Stream Budget'? Currently it looks like it is calculating "YTD Difference between 'Total budget' and 'School Stream Revenue".

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.