Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

emma313823
Helper IV
Helper IV

Filters for all pages

Hi All

I've created several pages and filters to go with them.  Many of the filters on PAGE 1 are the same as on page 2 - just different visuals.  I've created a dashboard where many of the pages go on the same dashboard.  I want to have the filters used affect the entire dashboard.  It seems redundant to have filters on page 1 that are the same on page 2 and force the user to really repeat themselves unnecessarily.  Is there a way to have all my filters on one page and have a user select filter options, which would in turn change all the visuals on all pages for that dashboard?

I realize there is an option on a page in the desktop app to drag a field to 'filters' into 'report level filters', but it does not seem that they user would see the filter as they do if you are using a filter from the visualization selections.

Emma

Emma
7 REPLIES 7
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You can use Report Filters section.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi 

Can you be a bit more specific on how to do this?  I think that if I drag a field to the 'report level filters' I need to select what I want to restrict.  I don't want to do this...I want a user to log in - go to their dashboard and see a list of filters available to them and allow them to filter what they want, but have all visuals on all pages in that dashboard change based on their filter selection. 

Right now...I've got several pages created - each page has their own filters, however many of the filters on the pages are the same.  I'm looking for a way to have one page of filters that can be used to change all visuals at the user level as they view their dashboards.

Make sense?

Emma

Emma

I hear what you are saying but currently the only way to filter multiple pages is by using Report Filters. 

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi @Greg_Deckler,

I want to know Report Filters can apply for mobile? I have report in mobile and i can not find Report Filters in mobile.

Hi @pmhoang94

Report Filter is filter will apply all page in that report ( entire report).

You cant see report filter in mobile app. It is available service and desktop only.

Hi @Gnanasekar,

I have a report, which is a page and contains 2 slicers and more 20 charts. I add all this charts and slicers into phone layout in power bi desktop to display my mobile, . But I found that I only can drag and drop 10 chart , link: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/limited-scrolling-mobile-power-bi/m-p/176854#M77312, after I can not scroll down in phone layout. It has limited scrolling mobile power bi.

So  I want to devide my report into 2 pages. But I found that slicer in page1 can not filter page2. Can you help me?

I think the people in Power BI are working on this problem/feature

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/filters/top

What we all should do i vote for this feature, so they add it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.