Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

roas_007
Regular Visitor

Filters break when you use a bookmark button

Greetings from Mexico,

I have been using Power Bi to create reports and it has been a great tool! But while some of the new upgrades brought great features, I found an issue that affects a report both in Desktop and Service.  

The problem is that I’ve several synced filters in a report with various pages, and I configured bookmarks and buttons to move between pages; when you jump to a new page with a click in a button, the filters lose their configuration.

I’ve tried to get an answer from Microsoft in Mexico with no success, I hope you could help me solve this problem. 

For example: 

Imagen 1.pngImagen 2.pngImagen 3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
OwenAuger
Super User
Super User

Hi there
Unchecking “Data” in each bookmark’s properties (ellipsis menu next to bookmark name) should ensure slicer states are preserved.
See here
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-bookmarks

Regards
Owen

Owen Auger
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Blog
Twitter
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
OwenAuger
Super User
Super User

Hi there
Unchecking “Data” in each bookmark’s properties (ellipsis menu next to bookmark name) should ensure slicer states are preserved.
See here
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-bookmarks

Regards
Owen

Owen Auger
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Blog
Twitter
LinkedIn

You just saved me a ton of work. Thanks Owen. I had been wondering how to fix this for ages. 
To the point I avoided bookmarks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@OwenAuger , brilliant - thank you! 

I was looking every where wondering why this was happening. 

I already removed one 'data' field option - I needed to remove both for the functionality to work as intended. 

Again, thank you!

An alternative solution si to "update" your bookmark : select the target page (of the bbokmark) with your filters, display the bookmark panel select the related bookmark and click on "update boookmark" to update the related filters.

This works as it is the default (if not intuitive) bookmarks behabiour . A bookmark = link to a given report page with a set of filters &  sort orders.

Therefore, if you don't have filters or sort orders when you create a bookmark, each time you click on it, your page will be displayed as it was when you initalised your bookmark : with no filters or sort orders. Hence, updating your bookmark wil enable to generate the expected behaviour.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.