Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tgo
Frequent Visitor

Filters a whole chain of object in Network Chart Visualisation

Hi everybody,

I'm currently trying to put a network chart visualisation in a report. My datas look like the following:
From                       To

---------------------------

Project 1                Strategy 1
Project 1                Strategy 2
Project 2                Strategy 3
Strategy 1              Product 1
Product 1               Authorisation 1
Product 1               Packaging 1

Authorisation 1      Packaging 1
Packaging 1           Item 1

Packaging 1           Item 2

When I put those data in the Network Chart it's working fine. But when I apply a filter on Project 1 for example, it just shows the link Project 1-Strategy 1 and Project 1-Strategy2. My will, if it's possible, would be by filtering on Project 1 to show the complete chain.
Project 1-Strategy 2 but also Project 1-Strategy1-Product1-Authorisation1-Packaging1 etc...

By looking in the forum I found one similar concern that mine, https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Filter-for-entire-quot-chain-quot-in-network-sankey-chart-n... but I don't understand what was done to resolve the issue.  Because even with the path function I have in a column the different sequences of the difference objects that are correct but I'm wondering how to put them in the chart to make the filtering working.

If anyone has an idea how I could do it, it would be appreciated

Thx 

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @tgo,

No. It is not possible to show the complete chain based on the filtering on Project 1. The PATH function mentioned in above link is just a workaround, not completely meets your requirement that using sankey chart.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Ok Thanks, I'll try with another visual then 🙂

tgo
Frequent Visitor

As it is already in page 9 I allow myself to up it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.