Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

UK_User123456
Resolver I
Resolver I

Filtering

Hi All,

I have 3 line & stacked column charts, the 1st is a Year over year, the second is a month over month and the 3rd is a day by day performance graph, is there a way of being able to have a filter so that when a user clicks a year, the months graph would reflect the year selected and then the day to reflect the month depending on what month was selected for that year? I have tried editing the user interaction, but this doesnt seem to work and was wondering if there was another way around it?

TIA

2 REPLIES 2
sturlaws
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @UK_User123456,

how does your model look like? Are your 3 visuals pulling data from the same table? If yes, then filtering on year should filter all 3 visuals. How are your month values formatted? Are they date values, or have you created texts like 'Jan-2020'? There is quite a lot that could impact how your visuals filters, and it would be much easier to help you if you posted you report or a relevant sample report(don't post confidential or sensitive information)(upload to e.g. oneDrive and share the link).

Cheers,
Sturla

@sturlaws yes the 3 tables are pulling in from the same data table. The filtering does work initially, however selecting the year works as the months and day graphs filter correctly, but when the user selects the month from the months graph the year graph then reverts back to non selected. I have disabled non filtering when selecting the months graph so that the year graph doesnt change when selecting a specific month but this doesnt work.

My year graph is a date value, my months graph is a text value due to only showing the month, my day graph is a date value.

I will try and upload a sample.

TIA

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.