Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wjenkins3811
Frequent Visitor

Filtering

Hello,

I would like to set up a seperate dropdown to where I can select either Dark Mode or Live Mode. We have several catergories that fall under Dark Mode and the same categories that fall under Live Mode. I already have a drop down labeled Queue Name. I would like a seperate drop down that shows only Dark and Live mode.

Example queue:

Classification - Offsite (Dark Mode)

Classification -  Text

Classification - Title

Classification - Title (Dark Mode)

Seperate slicer i would like 

Dark Mode

LP or Live

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'm unable to put the whole file on here for security purposes however the column labeled queue name is the column I am trying to pull live mode and dark mode. There is nothing to differeintiate live mode other than it being blank. I also updated my formula per your findings but still came out blank.  thanks again

I was able to resolve the issue. Thank you for all your help.

CustomColumn = IF(
ISERROR(
SEARCH("A", TableName[ColumnName])
),
"A",
"B"
)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create 2 calculated column

Darkmode = IF(Table1[Mode]="Dark",Table1[Calssification_Type])

Livemode = IF(Table1[Mode]="Live",Table1[Calssification_Type]).

This will list the categories in each mode.Then apply slicer on these 2 columns.Hope this is what you are looking for.

Thanks

Raj

Raj,

Thank you for your response. When looking at the columns using the Data tab, Im only see blank fields for both created columns of Darkmode and Livemode . Here's what i typed in. I shortened the name of my tables. 

Livemode = IF(table_P_CLASSIFICATION[queue_name]="Live Mode",table_P_CLASSIFICATION[queue_name])

Darkmode = IF(table_P_CLASSIFICATION[queue_id]="Dark Mode",table_P_CLASSIFICATION[queue_name])

My apologies I am new to power bi. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You have used Queue id in one formula and Name in another one. Could you please some sample data ? Or you can attach the sample PBI file as well.

Thanks
Raj

I'm unable to put the whole file on here for security purposes however the column labeled queue name is the column I am trying to pull live mode and dark mode. There is nothing to differeintiate live mode other than it being blank. I also updated my formula per your findings but still came out blank.  thanks again

I was able to resolve the issue. Thank you for all your help.

CustomColumn = IF(
ISERROR(
SEARCH("A", TableName[ColumnName])
),
"A",
"B"
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.