Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Galoyol84
Helper I
Helper I

Filtering with map vs filtering with slicer ¿how can I do the same?

Hello Community,

I'm working with a report that shows the results of an indicator in 5 countries. I  used a clustered column chart to show the results and  at first (without selection) I see the acumulated results for the five countries . If I select one of them in a shape map I can see the country's contribution to the overall results, and this is very helpful as it showns in the diagram below:

Filtering with mapFiltering with map

I would like to have the same effect when using a slicer instead of a map to select countries, but I get a different result. With the slicer I don't get to see the specific contribution of the selected country, as shown in the second diagram:

Filtering with slicerFiltering with slicer

Does anyone knows why filters work different between these two visuals (slicer vs map)? and how do I make the slicer work like the map?

Any help would be appreciated Thanks in advanced

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Galoyol84 

The slicer will apply the filter to the entire data set before the visualization is calculated. The map will cross filter to other visualizations, which is I believe your desired behavior.

One way to do this is not to use a slicer but use a table with "country name" as the only field. You can then click on the country name and it will cross filter.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Galoyol84 

The slicer will apply the filter to the entire data set before the visualization is calculated. The map will cross filter to other visualizations, which is I believe your desired behavior.

One way to do this is not to use a slicer but use a table with "country name" as the only field. You can then click on the country name and it will cross filter.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.