Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cprine
Frequent Visitor

Filtering table visual from bar chart not working

Hello,

I created a measure to get a distinct count of customer master records with no credit limit. 

Unique Customers without Credit Limit = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(CUST_CREDIT_LIMIT[CUSTOMER_NUMBER]), FILTER('CUST_CREDIT_LIMIT', [CUSTOMER_CREDIT_LIMIT]<=0 ))

However, when I click a bar on the bar chart... it doesn't filter the table below in order to ONLY show those customers with zero credit limit. 

cprine_1-1606865398890.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers,

Carter

6 REPLIES 6
cprine
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your responses. Yes, I made sure the interactions are setup to filter the table from the bar chart. There is only a single data table so no joins needed. The only solution that has worked is creating a conditional column for "Credit Y/N" and adding a visual filter to the bar chart for the "N" records. It works for now, but is a temporary fix for times' sake. This issue still bothers me though, because I haven't encountered this issue with my other PBI projects, and I don't know what the root cause is. For that reason, I'm leaving this issue as unresolved. 

Hi @cprine,

Perhaps you can share a pbix file with some dummy data and we can do test to troubleshoot on it. It is hard to test,reproduce and confirm where issue is without any same data.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Did you "hover the cursor over the funnel icon above the table to see if the filters are affecting the visual."?  

I suspect the 2nd part of my answer is what's happening i.e. the table is being filtered but not in the way you expect (probably by region)

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @cprine,

According to your snapshot, it seems like your filter not correctly apply and interact with your measure formals so that the formula cant gets the current row content value to filter and get dynamic results.
Please share more detailed information on your relationship mapping and double-check on the visualization interactions to confirm if they not setting correctly.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@cprine , I can see all amounts in the table visual are the same. I doubt there is a cross join or measure formula uses all.

Either correct the join or formula.

Also, check the visual are interacting with each other https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

The first thing to check is to hover the cursor over the funnel icon above the table to see if the filters are affecting the visual.

If the 'edit interactions' are all set up correctly, the filter may not be doing what you expect i.e. you've got a distinct count and a region but that doesn't include the customer numbers

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.