Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JoyceW
Helper II
Helper II

Filtering table based on interaction pie chart and another table.

I have a matrix with the sales per customer per year and a pie chart with the sales per itemgroup. There is an interaction between this two, filtering the pie chart based on what you select in the matrix. 

So when I click customer B, sales in 2018 it shows how the total sales is divided per item group in the pie chart. When I click sales in 2019 it filters the sales per group in the pie chart. Works like a charm. 

But now I want a third table showing what items belong to that group in that period. So for example sales of customber B is 1000 euros. The pie chart shows that this is 300 euros item group Z and 700 euros item group Y. Now I want to click the 700 euros and see what items are in that group. What actually happens when I click is that the first table and the pie chart reset to the total sales of all years and all customers. It does show the items belonging to the group, but not the items in the group selected before. 

I hope I explained it so you'll understand what the problem is. 😛

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JoyceW 

I can understand and reproduce your problem.

For any workaround,

When i select from first table, the pie chart and the second table would interact with it,

you can see the second table show the items belong to each group based on selected year and customer.

9.png

Could you accept this or you must click on pie chart to see items for each group?

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Maggie, 

since my table contains a lot of data (sales per item) this doesn't work for us. 

I want to click Y or Z and only see the items belonging to Y or Z. 

Is this something that will be fixed in a future version do you think?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.