Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filtering "Source" and "Target" in Force Directed Graphs

Hello everyone,

I am about to loose all my hairs, so, hope someone could help me out about the problem I explain below 🙂

I have a Forced-Directed Graph in my report and I have a table too. I ranked everything in table and I created a slicer to filter the columns in table and also the nodes in the network graph. My main goal is when I filter the table, I would like to see TOPN value of my records and it works fine, I achieved it. However, besides that I also want to see those filtered N values in the network graph. Since forced-directed graph doesn't let me add measure into Source and Target fields, I can not filter it. I could not achieve to create a column which holds the filtered values. Could you please give me an idea to do it or how could I get filtered data into Forced Directed Graphs?

Cheers,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

By my test, you could create colculated column as Source and Target. Then use the visual level filter to implement filter TOPN.

2.PNG

If it still doesn't work, can you please post a dummy file that easier to help?

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

By my test, you could create colculated column as Source and Target. Then use the visual level filter to implement filter TOPN.

2.PNG

If it still doesn't work, can you please post a dummy file that easier to help?

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

you sir/madam, @v-xuding-msft, made my day and thank you! I have just learnt sth new and powerful. I also added a slicer to choose N and connected it to those calculated columns to be able to get desired number of rows. I used TOPN dax function to achieve it btw for those who want to do the same.

Cheers!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.