Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

richrich123
Helper III
Helper III

Filtering out 'non responses'

Hi all,

Im struggling to find a way to see a list of customers who havent submitted any survey responses. Im sure there must be a way but Im struggling to find one that works.

I send out a survey (forms pro) to collect NPS feedback and the data gets written back into Dynamics via automate.

We survey 1:10 so if a client is 10 users, they get 1 survey to a contact and if they are 100 users they get 10 surveys to 10 contacts. We generally get a response rate of about 50% so account managers will chase up people who havent answered.

I have a table that shows all those who have responded and another of those outstanding which is a help but what I really need is a table that shows the companies that havent responded at all i.e we have had nothing back from anyone.

If a 100 user company who had 10 surveys sent had 2 people answer, im less inclined to spend time chase the 8 missing ones and would rather the account managers chased the companies who have submitted zero.

As below screen shot, by sorting the data by client name, I can visually see the red item has gone to 1 person and had no response (last column) and the green customer has had 2 of the 5 contacts submit feedback. So I want this list to just show the clients where there has been no response. Ideally, I want to filter out the green company because there is at least one response received.

It's more important for time to target the red one who has returned no feedback than chase the 3 on the green one who has had 2 surveys returned by 2 contacts already.

Hope that makes sense.

Annotation 2020-05-06 172012.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes.  [Score] is correct (my bad).  Also, since that must be a numeric column, the "" isn't working.  You can replace that part with >0 (or >-1, if you expect 0 Scores in the data) in place of the <>"".

If this works for you, please mark it as the solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

You could try a measure like this, which would work on a table visual with a Client Name column (w/ or w/o ContactName):

Company Needs Follow Up = var currentclient = selectedvalue(Table[ClientName])

var clientresponsecount = calculate(countrows(Table), all(Table), Table[ClientName]=currentclient, Table[Description]="")+0

return if(clientresponsecount = 0, "Y", "N")

If this works for you, please mark it as the solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

Hi @mahoneypat ,

Many thanks for your help. I tried this and it isnt right for me, I think due to the relationships. I dont have the account name and identifier for a response (score) in the same table. 

In the Dynamics npssurveyresults entity, everyone who has been sent a survey has a new record created and the score only has a value if its been returned so if score = blank, no survey returned

Is there a way to do this by cross referencing the measure between accounts to look at client names in the accounts table and if they have returned a response [score]  from the npssurveyresults table?

Thanks

Thanks for providing the diagram.  Since there is a 1:1 between Contacts and surveys, you could try this measure:

Needs Follow Up = var countofresponses= calculate(countrows(mercury_npssurveyresults), mercury_nspsurveyresults[Response]<>"")
return if(isblank(countofresponses), "Y", "N")

This assumes you'll have a Table visual with the Name column from the Accounts table.

Regards,

Pat

Hi @mahoneypat ,

Thanks for the revised suggestion. I don't have a field called response. I have one called Score which is either null if no response or has the given numner (1-10) if they have responded. Assuming that was the one you meant?

I have swapped response for score and tested but get an error

Error Message:
MdxScript(Model) (4, 115) Calculation error in measure 'mercury_npssurveyresults'[Measure 2]: DAX comparison operations do not support comparing values of type Integer with values of type Text. Consider using the VALUE or FORMAT function to convert one of the values.

Thanks

Rich

Yes.  [Score] is correct (my bad).  Also, since that must be a numeric column, the "" isn't working.  You can replace that part with >0 (or >-1, if you expect 0 Scores in the data) in place of the <>"".

Regards,

Pat

@mahoneypat, fantastic, all working - much appreciated!

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @richrich123 ,

You can try to create a calculated column or measure and apply it to the visual level filter.

Measure = IF(CALCULATE(HASONEVALUE('Table'[Description]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Client Name])),1,0)

test_filter_no_response.PNG

I created test pbix based on the screenshot you provided.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @V-lianl-msft ,

Many thanks for your help. I tried this and it isnt right. I dont have the account name and identifier for a response (score) in the same table. Your .pbx example does exactly what I am after but the measure isnt working for me, I think due to the relationships.

In the Dynamics npssurveyresults entity, everyone who has been sent a survey has a new record created and the score only has a value if its been returned so if score = blank, no survey returned

Is there a way to do this by ross referencing the measure bewteen accouns to look at client names and scorees from the npssurveyresults table?

Many thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.