Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filtering on week by clicking a graph

Hi, 

I'm working on a report that shows the sales amount per (datahierachy) and week in a line diagram. When i click on a certain month it drills down to the weeks of that month and filters my table aswell. But when i click on a certain week in the line diagram it doesnt filter the table anymore. What can i do to make sure the line diagram is always filtering the table (when selecting a certain year, month or weeks? Attached some pictures that i hope help visualize my problem: 

Alex_19992_1-1642180470117.png

Above the line diagram when nothing is selected 

Alex_19992_2-1642180763444.png

Above when i filter on the month September it will show me those weeks also in the table. But I can't click on a certain week in the line diagram to filter the table further. 

Thanks a lot for your help,

Alex 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vanessafvg thanks a lot for your help! 

The data hierarchy is from my date table indeed. As you can see I added the Date hierarchy and weeknumbers to the axis of my line graph. And I added the sales amount to the values. Below a picture of my model, I hope this helps a bit. 

Alex_19992_0-1642242388258.png

Thanks a lot again! 

Alex 

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you mean that the Sales value didn't change base on the selected week? Could you please provide some sample data in your fact table(exclude sensitive data) and the correct result in order to make troubleshooting and provide you a suitable solution? It is better if you can provide you a simplified pbix file. Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear @v-yiruan-msft

Thank you for your help. Here is a link to the file: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19nR8Dkt-_oFCLKO32e5n2a99aW5zxqzE?usp=sharing 

If you click on the graph (in this example, 2014), the table will filter the values for 2014. 

If you then click on a month, lets use februari, the table will filter on februari, but then if i click in the line graph on one of the two weeks, it won't filter the table. 

I was hoping there was a better way to fix this then to add a column to the sales table with weeknumbers (idk if that would work tho). 

I hope this helps!

Thanks a lot for your help again, 

Alex

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

how are you creating your date hierarchy, is it in a date table, or in a transactional table?  can you show a picture of your data model, and how you are using the date.  

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.