Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filtering on Cumulative percentage in a Pareto chart

I have a defect encountered in the Pareto chart I made for number of cases closed in a month's time against various root causes(Dispositions). It breaks when filtered on cumulative percentage. On slecting any particular percentage (eg, 10%, 12% , 98%) absolutely nothing reflects on the charts. where is it going wrong?

1. Rank=

IF (

HASONEVALUE('Tablename'[DISPOSITIONLEVEL1])

, RANKX(ALLSELECTED('Tablename'), [#closedcases])

, BLANK ()

)

1. Cumulative Total =

IF (

ISBLANK([#closedcases] || NOT HASONEVALUE (‘table name’[Dispositionlevel1])) 

, BLANK ()

, VAR perrank = [Rank]

RETURN

SUMX (FILTER (

ALLSELECTED (table name)

, [Rank] <= perrank)

, [#closedcases])

)

1. Cumulative Pct =

VAR cumuPT

IF(ISBLANK([#closedcases])

, BLANK ()

, CALCULATE ([#closedcases], ALLSELECTED (tablename))

)

RETURN DIVIDE ([cumulative total], cumuPT)

5 REPLIES 5
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Can you share some sample data and expected result to us if you don't have any Confidential Information?

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the data used to create pareto, Calculated measure values are given, formulae used to calculate these have also been mentioned in my post.This is the data used to create pareto, Calculated measure values are given, formulae used to calculate these have also been mentioned in my post.this is the result when filtered on cumulative percent "is 100%" (the only time I get the result as expected)this is the result when filtered on cumulative percent "is 100%" (the only time I get the result as expected)this is when I put any other number in filter (Eg. 0.8 i.e 80 %).this is when I put any other number in filter (Eg. 0.8 i.e 80 %).this is how it looks otherwisethis is how it looks otherwise

HI,

Thank you for your response.

I have uploaded the calculated values, which when put into a line and clustered column chart gives us the pareto, Client asked me that she needs to be able to filter the chart on cumulative percentage values, result is attached. I can only get a result when Cumulative percentage is put equal to 1 thats 100%.

@Anonymous , I did not get complete idea of discussion. But I tried I am able to filter cummlative total.  Link :https://www.dropbox.com/s/drp7gscx3w1liyc/sales_analytics_cumm.pbix?dl=0

Top Brand display by Top N.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Amit,

Thank you For your response.. howevevr i need to be able to put the cumulative percentage field on the report level filter and get the results for any particular number. (1 %, 2%, 90 %..etc.) in my pareto chart.

@Anonymous 

I doubt measure filters are provided at the report or page level.  Do you also want to filter the item that contributes to 80% (Say) on the page?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.