Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

eWise
Advocate I
Advocate I

Filtering not working

Hi everyone, 

Am having aproblem with what seems to be a simple issue but I can't figure out what is happening.

I  have two tables from cosmosdb joined as below;

eWise_0-1627333859548.png

When I filter by customer name, expect the report to only show results associated with that particluar customer, however, I get the results for the filter plus everything else from the stockitems like below. I need  the report to only show the section in blue. I apprecaite any help.

eWise_1-1627334659509.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @eWise ,

Did you try with unchecking 'Show items with no data on 'Document.name' in fields on visual?  

astojanac_0-1627941371172.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @eWise ,

Can you share the PBIX file? Without looking at it, couldn't figure out the root cause.

One alternate solution is to Filter all Blank Value from the visual. Though not the best way to do, but will get you the out the way you want.

Thanks!

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @eWise ,

Need more information. Are you using slicer or filter? Are you using any measure? It's better to share the pbix to us if you don't have any Confidential Information.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Hi @v-jayw-msft Sorry I got sick and couldn't do anything. I am not using any slicer. There is a filter on one of the columns in the left table. Unfortunately the file has confidential information. I filtered on the visual,  as @Anonymous suggested, but on the customer name. Right now it's giving me what I want, however, am not sure whether that is a best practice/ long term solution.

eWise
Advocate I
Advocate I

I have still been unable to find a solution to this problem. Anyone else with another approach?

Hello @eWise ,

Did you try with unchecking 'Show items with no data on 'Document.name' in fields on visual?  

astojanac_0-1627941371172.png

eWise
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks @Anonymous but that didn't change anything. The results remained the same.

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @eWise 

In the Edit relationship, Try changing Cross Filter Direction from "Single" to "Both"?

Thanks!

alekh

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.