Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dan_banan

Filtering multiple tables by single calendar date

I have ran into an issue and need your guidance

There two unrelated tables: ProductOrder and ProductOrderFulfilment. First contains information on what client has requested, and on second we keep information what has been manufacted. In order not to use two date slicers for each table (goal is to see if we haven't missed client order for a given day), I'd like to use just one. I have created a calendar table with unique dates, and added one-to-many relationship to ProductOrder and ProductOrderFulfilment tables. 

relations.png 

In the report there is a slicer with a Calendar Date value, however only ProductOrder values get filtered according to the slicer selection. ProductOrderFulfilment are shown to no have a date value (blank) and if slicer range is maxed out then a count value is displayed, if other than MIN value is selected on the slicer - nothing is shown at all for ProdOrdFulf:

dan_banan_0-1669120185753.png

Everything (ProdOrd, ProdOrdFulf) is set to Date, format Short Date - the carried out steps are identical, but values per selected days are only visible on one side. What am I missing here? Wouldn't want to revert to having two slicers, for tables' date values

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jayee
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @dan_banan 

Check the maximum and minimum dates in the dimension you have used in the chart which is showing blank it should be int he range of calendar table if not modify the calendar table range.

If the above is not the reason then check the data quality of that column.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dan_banan

As you have suggested it was a matter of data quality

Changing datetime format to date within PBI Data section didn't solve the issue, but casting it as date from within the import query did 

Jayee
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @dan_banan 

Check the maximum and minimum dates in the dimension you have used in the chart which is showing blank it should be int he range of calendar table if not modify the calendar table range.

If the above is not the reason then check the data quality of that column.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.