cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Melmehal Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Filtering matrix rows by a column value

I created a matrix with client names and colums of different policy types. the measure in the matrix, is the count of distinct plicy numbers.  I want to be able to only filter the # of clients who had nonblanks in atleast 2 of my column categories ( the type of policy), in other words they have more than one policy type. 

Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
mochabits Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Filtering matrix rows by a column value

@Melmehal 

I could misunderstand your question, but you can use the filter of the visual to set conditions of the returned rows.  

Melmehal Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I cant because the policy categories always has a value, i want to be able to count for each row, if there is more than 1 policy type. which means i need to filter my policy categories (columns) to show me if there is atleast 2 non blanks.

Super User
Super User

So it looks like in your example data, each person has 1 policy number, but can have different types of policy under that same policy number?  What happens when you use COUNT of policy number instead of DISTINCTCOUNT?

I would use a count of the category column insetad of distinct policy numbers, so that the total comes out correct.  You may have to use a measure like this to create a visual level filter or slicer:

NumberOfCategories = COUNT(Policies[Type])

and then filter on that where it's greater or equal to 2.

Could you share how you have your table(s) structured? It would help us give you a better answer

Helpful resources

Announcements
Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

We spoke with Power BI Super User, Greg Deckler, about his charity work

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 317 members 3,168 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: