Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Melmehal
Frequent Visitor

Filtering matrix rows by a column value

I created a matrix with client names and colums of different policy types. the measure in the matrix, is the count of distinct plicy numbers.  I want to be able to only filter the # of clients who had nonblanks in atleast 2 of my column categories ( the type of policy), in other words they have more than one policy type. 

Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Cmcmahan
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

So it looks like in your example data, each person has 1 policy number, but can have different types of policy under that same policy number?  What happens when you use COUNT of policy number instead of DISTINCTCOUNT?

I would use a count of the category column insetad of distinct policy numbers, so that the total comes out correct.  You may have to use a measure like this to create a visual level filter or slicer:

NumberOfCategories = COUNT(Policies[Type])

and then filter on that where it's greater or equal to 2.

Could you share how you have your table(s) structured? It would help us give you a better answer

mochabits
Helper II
Helper II

@Melmehal 

I could misunderstand your question, but you can use the filter of the visual to set conditions of the returned rows.  

I cant because the policy categories always has a value, i want to be able to count for each row, if there is more than 1 policy type. which means i need to filter my policy categories (columns) to show me if there is atleast 2 non blanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors