Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Melmehal
Frequent Visitor

Filtering matrix rows by a column value

I created a matrix with client names and colums of different policy types. the measure in the matrix, is the count of distinct plicy numbers.  I want to be able to only filter the # of clients who had nonblanks in atleast 2 of my column categories ( the type of policy), in other words they have more than one policy type. 

Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Cmcmahan
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

So it looks like in your example data, each person has 1 policy number, but can have different types of policy under that same policy number?  What happens when you use COUNT of policy number instead of DISTINCTCOUNT?

I would use a count of the category column insetad of distinct policy numbers, so that the total comes out correct.  You may have to use a measure like this to create a visual level filter or slicer:

NumberOfCategories = COUNT(Policies[Type])

and then filter on that where it's greater or equal to 2.

Could you share how you have your table(s) structured? It would help us give you a better answer

mochabits
Helper II
Helper II

@Melmehal 

I could misunderstand your question, but you can use the filter of the visual to set conditions of the returned rows.  

I cant because the policy categories always has a value, i want to be able to count for each row, if there is more than 1 policy type. which means i need to filter my policy categories (columns) to show me if there is atleast 2 non blanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.