Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filtering legend but not values

Hi there,

I have data in a stacked bar chart that displays values from a measure by month (x-axis) and country (stacks). Both month and country are coming from related tables so I can use shortened names {Jan, Feb, Mar, ...} as my month names, and so I can keep consistent colors with other visuals using countries from other tables. 

Basically, I am trying to combine the monthly bars (Jan = 0.25M, Feb = 0M, ..., Aug = 0M, Sep = 0.25M, etc.) from the 1st image with the legend from the 2nd image (only showing Brazil). 

pbiChart1.jpgpbiChart2.jpg

The only difference between the two is I set a filter on the visual to be MeasureValue > 0. 

I understand I can right click on my month field and select 'Show Items with no Data', but I have that selected and it doesn't help.

Another way of saying this is I want to always display all months, but only display countries in the legend that have values > 0. 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Anonymous 

You can try to create a separated dimension table based on the country field.After buildinng relationship between tables, you need modify your  Measure[MeasureValue] based on the country field in the new dimension table then apply it to viusal filter pane.

62.png

Please check my sample file for more details.

If it doesn't meet your requirement ,please share more details for further research.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.