cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bend
Frequent Visitor

Filtering legend but not values

Hi there,

I have data in a stacked bar chart that displays values from a measure by month (x-axis) and country (stacks). Both month and country are coming from related tables so I can use shortened names {Jan, Feb, Mar, ...} as my month names, and so I can keep consistent colors with other visuals using countries from other tables. 

Basically, I am trying to combine the monthly bars (Jan = 0.25M, Feb = 0M, ..., Aug = 0M, Sep = 0.25M, etc.) from the 1st image with the legend from the 2nd image (only showing Brazil). 

pbiChart1.jpgpbiChart2.jpg

The only difference between the two is I set a filter on the visual to be MeasureValue > 0. 

I understand I can right click on my month field and select 'Show Items with no Data', but I have that selected and it doesn't help.

Another way of saying this is I want to always display all months, but only display countries in the legend that have values > 0. 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @bend 

You can try to create a separated dimension table based on the country field.After buildinng relationship between tables, you need modify your  Measure[MeasureValue] based on the country field in the new dimension table then apply it to viusal filter pane.

62.png

Please check my sample file for more details.

If it doesn't meet your requirement ,please share more details for further research.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

July 2021 Update 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the July 2021 Updates

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp 768x460.png

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors