Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nmck86
Post Patron
Post Patron

Filtering issue

Hello,

I had a question, I am creating two different charts based on employee type data in PowerBi. One chart is based on Retiree information and the other is based on Regular employee info. However, since the 2 charts on are on the same page PowerBI keeps forcing both charts to have the same exact data on each. I tried ot create the second Chart on another page and then cut it into the other page but once I get it on the page it defaults the filters to the same as the chart that was already on the page. Any idea how I can fix this? Thanks in advance for your assistance!

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
FarhanAhmed1984
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi,

If you have published in Web then you can change the interaction of Visuals i.e. (dependency on other)

Click Edit Report

- Visual Interaction

- On every visual you can select if filter can be applied on it or not? (refer screen shot)

Edit Report.png

View solution in original post

Ah I figured it out! Page level filter caused the issues :-). Thanks for the assistance!

Hi @nmck86,

If you have resolve your issue, please mark the corresponding reply as answer, which will help others find solution easily. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Angelia Zhang

5 REPLIES 5
FarhanAhmed1984
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi,

If you have published in Web then you can change the interaction of Visuals i.e. (dependency on other)

Click Edit Report

- Visual Interaction

- On every visual you can select if filter can be applied on it or not? (refer screen shot)

Edit Report.png

I tried the none option in the interactions section; however, everytime I change the filter in one chart it still changes it in the other chart as well. :-(. I am in the desktop version currently. Am I am possibly doing something else wrong?

Ah I figured it out! Page level filter caused the issues :-). Thanks for the assistance!

Hi @nmck86,

If you have resolve your issue, please mark the corresponding reply as answer, which will help others find solution easily. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Angelia Zhang

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@nmck86

Select either Chart => Format tab => click Edit Interactions =>hit the None (circle) in the top right corner on the other chart

then you can click Edit Interaction again to exit that mode

Good Luck! Smiley Happy

EDIT: I did respond for the Desktop being that this is the Desktop Forum and the question did not specify the Service! Smiley Wink

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.