Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jdchipps
Frequent Visitor

Filtering if date is before today on 3 separate fields

I have 3 fields in TableA which are Expected_resolution_UTC, Expected_plan_UTC and Expected_response_UTC.  I need to filter a visual (Card) from TableB (there is a link) based on whether any of the above fields has a date in the past.  Adding each as a Filter will not work because only one of the Fields may have a date in the past so I am guessing that I need a measure that creates a value based upon an IF statement?

Can anyone advise how I need to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In my opinion youre on a too complicated approach. Always keep your goal in mind.

From my point of view the goal is to have a column, which is your criteria check and only shows true or false. Then you can create a simple card with the count of your ID filtered by criteria check=true.
If the criteria check from before didnt work you can also try to use multiple IF functions:
if(date1<today();True;
if(date2<today();True;
if(date3<today();True;False)))

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
coachVE
Frequent Visitor

You could add an additional calculated column to check if one of the dates fulfills your criteria an then filter by the created column.

criteria check= if( check1 || check 2 || check3; "True" ; "False")
replace the checks with your date logic, eg. date<today

You can chain multiple checks with || , which is like an OR. 

Thanks CoachVE, i tried that but it returned a positive for every line.  I have got a little further in that I have now got 3 calculated fields that use the below (or similar) dependant on which date I am checking.

OverdueResolution = COUNTROWS(FILTER('SR_Service_Calculated',NOT(ISBLANK([Expected_Resolution_Expiration_Date_UTC]))&&[Expected_Resolution_Expiration_Date_UTC]<NOW()))

I now just need to combine all 3 in to a single card, but not sure how i can combine these?

OK, I am now 1 step further on and can combine the count rows, however I only need to count each row once, i.e. if the date is passed in all 3 fileds I only need to count once.  What I have so far is :

OverdueSR = IF(ISBLANK(COUNTROWS(FILTER('SR_Service_Calculated',NOT(ISBLANK([Expected_Resplan_Expiration_Date_UTC]))&&[Expected_Resplan_Expiration_Date_UTC]<NOW()))+COUNTROWS(FILTER('SR_Service_Calculated',NOT(ISBLANK([Expected_Resolution_Expiration_Date_UTC]))&&[Expected_Resolution_Expiration_Date_UTC]<NOW()))+COUNTROWS(FILTER('SR_Service_Calculated',NOT(ISBLANK([Expected_Responded_Expiration_Date_UTC]))&&[Expected_Responded_Expiration_Date_UTC]<NOW()))),"0",COUNTROWS(FILTER('SR_Service_Calculated',NOT(ISBLANK([Expected_Resplan_Expiration_Date_UTC]))&&[Expected_Resplan_Expiration_Date_UTC]<NOW()))+COUNTROWS(FILTER('SR_Service_Calculated',NOT(ISBLANK([Expected_Resolution_Expiration_Date_UTC]))&&[Expected_Resolution_Expiration_Date_UTC]<NOW()))+COUNTROWS(FILTER('SR_Service_Calculated',NOT(ISBLANK([Expected_Responded_Expiration_Date_UTC]))&&[Expected_Responded_Expiration_Date_UTC]<NOW())))

In my opinion youre on a too complicated approach. Always keep your goal in mind.

From my point of view the goal is to have a column, which is your criteria check and only shows true or false. Then you can create a simple card with the count of your ID filtered by criteria check=true.
If the criteria check from before didnt work you can also try to use multiple IF functions:
if(date1<today();True;
if(date2<today();True;
if(date3<today();True;False)))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors