Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Chrisclu
Regular Visitor

Filtering from a dynamic measure

Hi,

I am relatively new with Power BI and I am trying to build a report to manage my inventory.

The idea is to compare the current level of inventory with the historical sales and the Order book and give the Days of coverage based on the average last 12 months and looking into the future how many days the stock will cover the stock based on order in the pipeline. This I have succeeded to do and I can look at aggregated level (all company) and down to single item/location level

But now I am looking to create buckets/bin to filter the information.

I would like to create a filter that allow me to look at only the part/location with less than 5 days of stock available

Edit :

In order to try to clarify here is the logic I am trying to get :

Capture.PNG

the idea is to have buckets like :

0 to 5 days

5 to 10 days

10 to 15 days

etc..

Basically I want to be able to focus only on the exception.

I tried to use the following link : https://www.daxpatterns.com/dynamic-segmentation/ But without great success

I have 3 Tables :

1) Orderbook with show my orders Pipeline

2) Sales : Historical Sales

3) Stock : Stock information

And all the Dimension table (customer/location/part....)

Capture.PNG

I have a virtual tables from my measures where my Days of Stock measure is stored.

So if I select 0 to 5 Days I want to see the all the location and the items that are falling under this category

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Chrisclu,

From your description, it seems that you want to create bin, you could refer to this document about how to create bin in Power BI Desktop.

In addition, could you share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce your scenario and your desired output, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-piga-msft

I already had a look at this and I cannot create bin using this logic.

I attached in my original post an explanation of what I am trying to do

Hopefully it is clear enough

Hi,

Anyone has any suggestions ?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.