Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AlB
Super User
Super User

Filtering forum messages by number of replies

Hi all,

When browsing through the messages posted in this forum, it would be useful to have the possibility to sort/filter the messages by number of replies. In this way, people looking to answer questions could quickly locate those that have had no replies yet (or only one or two).

The fewer the number of replies,  the more likely it is that the question is challenging/interesting (or maybe not clearly explained...).

Can this filtering be done currently?  I don't think so, but please let me know. 

Do you think it's a good idea?

If not available, where can one make the suggestion?  I believe ideas is for Power BI itself rather than for this community platform.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @AlB

Thanks for interacting and contributing on forums.

Maybe you could report an issue here , so that more people can see and the experts can aware of this issue and make an improvement.

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AlB

When you search a key character in the community, you could sort the threads by the number of replies.

11.png

For other requirements which doesn't support currently incommunity,  I haven't found any other platform for adding the ideas.

Currently, you could submit ideas in ideas forum for both Power BI or community.

Best Regards

Maggie

Thanks @v-juanli-msft

that would be a plausible workaround as you can search for whatever character that comes up in all posts and then sort them by number of answers. The sorting function does not seem to be working properly though. Look at the results that I got when searching for "dashboard" and sorting by ascending number of answers. The sorting is all over the place. See number of replies per message on the right side.

image.png

Hi @AlB

it seems it is sorted by date from your screenshot.

Please check the settings on your site.

"Sorted by Replies" should shows on the top right hand corner.

Based on my test, it works as expected.

9.png

Best Regards

maggie

Thanks again @v-juanli-msft

Yes it does work when the sorting is descending. I get the same result as you. It is when I try to sort by replies ascending, so that the posts with no replies come up first, that the search seems to show inconsistent results.

image.png

@v-juanli-msft

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hi @AlB

As tested, when sorting by replies ascending, it shows wrong.

2.png1.png

Best Regards

Maggie

Thanks  @v-juanli-msft

Can this error be reported somewhere? To the people that manage/maintaing the forum?

Hi @AlB

Thanks for interacting and contributing on forums.

Maybe you could report an issue here , so that more people can see and the experts can aware of this issue and make an improvement.

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.