Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jeyjey344
Helper I
Helper I

Filtering by "login" of a worker

Hi,

I manufactured some database to train myself (and to have no problems sharing it with anyone since everything here was prepered by me) 🙂 

But I found it difficult filter data by typing name of worker.

Imagine having 1000 workers with diferent ID. I would like to type ID and see only those data connected to particular ID. What I already did is:

1) I created filter of filter - so after I pick 1 worker i will see only 1 worker on filter tab

filter of filter.PNG

2) After that on starting page I prepared "type in" filter (number 1) , but I still need to pick a worker in a list (nr.2). Do you have any smoother ideas? It would be perfect for me to just type an ID in 1 place and have all data adjusted to this ID.

2.PNG

Thanks in advance for help 🙂

Jeyjey

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

All slicer in PBI have a search feature, that needs to be enabled

image.png
click on the ... and then Search ("Cerca" in italian here)

hi @Anonymous . Thanks for reply but this is not exacly what I was looking for. I would like to hide name of employees so only if you know ID, you can see data.

I perfect solution would be if the "Text filter" wich is Microsoft (experimental) could be shared between pages like classic slicer does. I mean if i copy classic slicer to another tab it asks me if I want to synchronize vizualization.

Is there an option to synchronize vizualization with the "text filter"? 

This is "text filter": 

textfilter.PNG

@jeyjey344 

I am afraid Text filter does not support synchronization acrosspages like slicers.

The text filter filters the slicer, then simple click on the slicer show you all data of that employee on all pages. I believe your way is already pretty smart. 

My suggest would be try an index column, use use index instead of your hard typed id in the TEXT FILTER.

Best, regard 

Paul Zheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.