Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lkarolak
Frequent Visitor

Filtering by multiple years

My table structure is more or less as follows (projects)

Title      Start date       End date

Proj A   01.01.2018      31.12.2018

Proj B   01.01.2018       30.04.2019

Proj C   01.09.2018      31.01.2019

Now I would need to have a filter of the data by year (not the full date). In the above scenario, I need to be able to get "Proj B" and "Proj C" returned if I select either 2018 or 2019 as my filter/slicer.

Thanks for help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @lkarolak,

Current power bi filter not works on multiple date column, you need to create a table to store expand detail date form date columns and filter on detail date.

Spread revenue across period based on start and end date, slice and dase this using different dates

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @lkarolak,

Current power bi filter not works on multiple date column, you need to create a table to store expand detail date form date columns and filter on detail date.

Spread revenue across period based on start and end date, slice and dase this using different dates

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lkarolak

I would suggest you create a Date table here. From then, you can create relationship with your project table, and use the year column in Date table as your slicer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.