Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nezra
Frequent Visitor

Filtering by file name

Hello everyone,

I'm using the POWER BI Report Server, to which i upload my pbix files.

I'm wondering if there is a way to filter my visualizations according to the current file name.

For example, i want to upload a file called "DI", so when i open it, the pbix file will be already filtered to DI Department only (I have a Department slicer, which i would like to be alrady selected to "DI" when that file is opened), maybe by reading the url path and selecting department according to that. Is it possible to have a slicer that automatically selects a value according to the current url/file path?

Thanks a lot,

nofar.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nezra,

Based on my test, it is not possible to meet your requirement currently. You can come up a new idea about that and add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nezra,

Based on my test, it is not possible to meet your requirement currently. You can come up a new idea about that and add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @nezra,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to close the case.

Regards,

Frank

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I don't know if that is possible, but you should be able to save your PBIX in the state that you want, upload it and it will preserve that state.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.