Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gpapasara
Frequent Visitor

Filtering by connecting tables

Hi people,

I have 2 tables that have various data, two of those columns are Retailer and Date and I want to have in the same page graphs that are affected by the slicer and get data from both of those

I have created distinct tables fro those:

Retailtest= distinct(UNION(VALUES('INt Imp data'[Retailer]),VALUES(Sheet1[Retailer])))

Datetest = DISTINCT(union(VALUES('INt Imp data'[Date]),values(Sheet1[Date].[Date])))

I am able to make a connection of the 2 original tables with the retailertest in bothway relationships and I can see the changes when I choose something in my slicer.

But I am not able to make the same with the datetest table, ideally i would like to have two bothway relationships coming from each of my original tables to the new ones so everything would be connected but I think this is not possible, any ideas?

thank you in advance,

Georgios.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you post the pbix? or at least some sample data?  

Generally, it's usually  best to not set up bidirectional filters in the model unless you really have to.  Usually better to CROSSFILTER and only "turn on" for that process.  

Hi there @Anonymous and thank you for taking the time to reply to this.

Please find in the links below sample of my 2 excel files:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3xbs705s5q2nld/sheet1.xlsx?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/44hjbbzn88c1xam/intimp.xlsx?dl=0

and here is how my report looks like  and the relationships I have made up to now,relationships.PNGreport.PNG

The slicers are made with data from the Intimp but the doughnut is made from the sheet1, right now with the relationships I have made I can choose a retailer and the doughnut changes but I cant do the same with date.

I need to have both at the same time, so whenever I change date or retailer I need the Doughut to be responsive.

Thank you again,

Kind Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.