Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

corange
Post Patron
Post Patron

Filtering by Clients not working on measure

Hi everyone,

I am completely stuck. I am quite new to BI and I don't know what I have done that's not correct. I will try to be as specific as possible.

I am trying to display the average working hours for specific clients. However, it turns out that when I click on the client or select via the filters option, all measures update except for the average working hours one. it always the same not matter which client I use. Moreover, each employee as an ID and I always obtain the same list too.

I have got diverse tables linked together. The two tables I am using are not directly in a relationship but linked through an intermediate table. I have created a measure ave working hours using the start time and finish time of our employees.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Capture.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
sivapandi
Helper I
Helper I

can you share data model screenshot?

Hi,

Thanks for helping me.

could you please let me know what it is exactly I need to screenshot? Would that be the relationship tab with all the tables linked to one an other or else?

Apologises but as I said I am quite new and I am not sure what you require to assit.

Thank you.

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi corange, 

If possible, could you please inform me more detailed information (such as your sample data, relationship, your current design and your expectingoutput)? Then I will help you more correctly

By the way,  you also could upload your pbix file to onedrive or other place which we could access.  Please do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Thanks for your understanding and support.
Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

Hi Zoe,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have one data source which my company's datawarehouse and I use 5 tables I source from it. I have calculated a couple of measure to obtain what I would like to display.

1) I have used the start time and end time of all employees to calculate the total time difference for each time they log in and out 

2) I calculated the ave hours using AVERAGE X

3) I then did Duration Format = TIME(0,[DifferenceDur],0) so I could have the ave hours display in a format that make sense.

So all of the above has been calculated using the employee startstop table. I now need to determine the above / client. I can't actually create a relationship between both tables are there are no unique values. I have tried the solution explained in this link https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/cansql/2016/12/19/relationships-in-power-bi-fixing-one-of-the-co..., without success.

Here a snapshot of the relationships I have between the different table:

Capture.PNG

What I would like to accomplish is that when I click on a client code, the ave working hours updates for that specific clients and take into consideration only the employee that worked for them on that specific day or period. At the moment, POWER BI gives me an ave working hours that stays the same no matter which client I select which can't be correct.

Is that a bit more specific? Do you have an email so I can share my file with you or else?

Thank you.

TEMP_5.png

I need this screenshot as shown in above , to check your data model relations.

Hi,

Just following up on that one. Did you have a chnace to look into it?

Thanks for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.