Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hlg551
Regular Visitor

Filtering between tooltips report page and main page

I am trying to set up a tooltips report page to show additional information about different values in my donut charts. I have a slicer where you pick the year you want to look at and another slicer where you pick a company so something like this:

2.JPG

I have created a report tooltips page with a column chart and without doing anything to the filters looks like this:

3.png

Now I want to show the distribution of other income over the years 2016-2019 and have tried two ways which neither have worked correctly:

1. Turning all filters off in the tooltips page and adding the columns to filter for year, headers for value and companies. Then it filters correcly regarding years and what value to show but does not filter according to the selected company in the slicer so it gives value for all the companies summarized for each year like this:

4.png

I don't understand why it does not filter for just that column. I have also tried to have that as the only filter which does not filter either. 

2. I also tried to filter by keeping all filters on and changing the measure (not the real measure, I had to change names) I use to calculate the values in the column chart. I have tried but ALL() and REMOVEFILTERS() for example like this:

KeyValues TT =

SWITCH(

SELECTEDVALUE( Values[Header]),

"Service income",

CALCULATE(

SUM(AnnualAccounts[Amount]),

Entries[Key] = "0007", //key for service income in annual accounts

ALL(AnnualAccount[Year])

)/1000,

… (more values)

Which gives me a result where the value is the summarized value for all years 2016-2019 for the selected companies like this:

5.png

Any suggestions how I could possible get this to work correctly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
hlg551
Regular Visitor

Hi, sorry for a late answer but I found a solution which was to copy the slicers for the main page to the report tooltips page and sync them.  Then I just moved the slicers out of view. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
hlg551
Regular Visitor

Hi, sorry for a late answer but I found a solution which was to copy the slicers for the main page to the report tooltips page and sync them.  Then I just moved the slicers out of view. 

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hlg551 ,

Please provide a sample .pbix file(Remove sensitive information.)

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@hlg551 , This what I tried. See if that can help.

On the tooltip page. I Switched off "Keep all filters"

In the box below, I added what I want to pass (I added Area, and not added month year)

When I see a tooltip on another page

I am able to see filters on Area, not on month year.

@amitchandak Thank you for your response 🙂 

However I am not totally sure what you are suggesting, I have tried turning the "Keep all filters" off and adding in the box below columns I want to filter after (year, type of account (annual account) , keyvalue and companies) like this:
01.JPG
Which gives my a result like a showed above where each column is the summarization of every company not just the one I have chosen in my slicer like this:  
4.png
Can you elaborate on your solution?

@hlg551 , remove company name and check ( In the page which is becoming tooltip) from screenshot 1

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.