Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pkohli38
Frequent Visitor

Filtering based on different Measure/Dimension

HI, I have below table that shows parent Code, Issue Code (Child) , Issue Status. If User clicks on Pie chart with Status "Done". He would like to see all the parent code with all Issue with atleast one issue has status ='Done'

e.g in Below scenario if Done is clicked on Pie the matrix should show following parent codes (CONF-84,JIRA-573,JIRA-653) listinging all Issues And Staus for these parent codes. Please let me know if there is a way of doing this.

Thanks

Table.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @pkohli38,

I don't think donut chart visual will support to do like this.
For your scenario, you can write a measure to get selecet item and show the speicfic tag, then drag this measrue to table visual and setting visual level filter to filter the unmatched tag.

Sample:

1. Create new table as source of donut chart.

Donut Source = SELECTCOLUMNS('Sample',"Version Status",[Version Status],"Parent Code",[Parent Code])

2. Write a measure to check parent code and display tag.

Selcet Tag = 
var selectCode=CALCULATETABLE(VALUES('Donut Source'[Parent Code]),ALLSELECTED('Donut Source'[Version Status]))
var current_parent=LASTNONBLANK('Sample'[Parent Code],[Parent Code])
return
IF(CONTAINS(selectCode,[Parent Code],current_parent),"Y","N")

3. Create visuals.

11.PNG12.PNG

Result:

13.PNG

Regrds,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pkohli38,

You can direct use original table columns to create table visual and donut chart to achieve your requirement.

2.PNG3.PNG

4.PNG

Notice: you should turn on the interaction of these visuals to enable the filter effect.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin,

Thanks for replying. Sorry I wasn't clear enough about requirement. If done is clicked, I would like to show following matrix.

Please see below screenshot, it has all the parent code(that has atleast one issue code with status='Done') with their child regardless of their status.

Please let me know if this possible in BI

Done.jpg

Hi @pkohli38,

I don't think donut chart visual will support to do like this.
For your scenario, you can write a measure to get selecet item and show the speicfic tag, then drag this measrue to table visual and setting visual level filter to filter the unmatched tag.

Sample:

1. Create new table as source of donut chart.

Donut Source = SELECTCOLUMNS('Sample',"Version Status",[Version Status],"Parent Code",[Parent Code])

2. Write a measure to check parent code and display tag.

Selcet Tag = 
var selectCode=CALCULATETABLE(VALUES('Donut Source'[Parent Code]),ALLSELECTED('Donut Source'[Version Status]))
var current_parent=LASTNONBLANK('Sample'[Parent Code],[Parent Code])
return
IF(CONTAINS(selectCode,[Parent Code],current_parent),"Y","N")

3. Create visuals.

11.PNG12.PNG

Result:

13.PNG

Regrds,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.