Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MIkkelHyldig
Helper II
Helper II

Filtering across two one-to-many tables

Hi, 

I have a table showing sales and budget numbers for different accounts filtered by departments. Departments have different accounts. I wish to filter on Accounts by departments but its not working due to my datamodel below, and I dont know how to solve it. I have consideres merging departments and accounts to Sales and budget tables but I need a single account-dimension as the user sees sales and budget in the same table.
Do you have solution? 
Capture.PNG

Thanks, 
Mikkel 

3 REPLIES 3
PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

The model is fine. Can you provide an example/depiction of what you are trying to achieve?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

HI @PaulDBrown  

Sorry for late reply!

In the Dim.accounts I have a accountname and what departments it belongs to. And in Dim.departments I have the departments. I wish to filter on the accountsname when selecting a departments budget. 
E.g. Department A have a budget for 10.000 on account name A1, 20.000 for A2 etc. 
Department B have a budget for 5.000 on account name B1, 1.000 for A2 . But when filtering on department B, accountname A should be filtered out. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@MIkkelHyldig , Use a measure from sale or budget or from both

M1 = countrows(sales)+ countrows(Budget)

use the above measure as visual level filter for slicer and it will change values based on another slicer

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.