cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeeBeeJay
Frequent Visitor

Filtering a page based on a measure

I am building a two-page report in desktop with the first page showing summary project figures - count of customers, total sales, mean sales per month etc. - while the second page needs to show the same measures restricted to the team for the logged in user.

If I apply role based filtering, both pages get filtered and so show only the figures for the logged in user's team, but I can't apply page level filtering based on a dynamic value ..... so I guess I am missing something in how to solve this problem in Power BI.

In effect, I want to set the page level filter to be "MyTeam" where "MyTeam" is the name of a measure.

Any help much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huizhn-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @BeeBeeJay,

Until now, we can't add measure in Page level filter, please review this feature request and vote it.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @BeeBeeJay,

Until now, we can't add measure in Page level filter, please review this feature request and vote it.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Thanks for highlighting that.  Have voted for it.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You might be able to solve that with the disconnected table trick.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Solving-Attendance-with-the-Disconnected-Table-Trick...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Learn Power BI 2nd Edition

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 1 episode 9_no_dates 768x460.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Watch the playback when Priya Sathy and Charles Webb discuss Datamarts! Kelly also shares Power BI Community updates.

Power BI Dev Camp Session 24 without aka link and time 768x460.jpg

Ted's Dev Camp - July 28, 2022

Watch Session 24 of Ted's Dev Camp along with past sessions!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors