Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kkanda
Resolver I
Resolver I

Filtering a large table and find distinct values

Hi All,

We are analyzing the Dissolved Gas values of electrical substation equipment. Each set of data consists of measurements of 8 different gases and there are about 900 pcs of equipment. The complete data set consists of the measurements for all the equipment for 6 different dates. The format of the list of measurements is as following:

Date

Gas

Measurement Rdg

Equipment No.

1/2/2021

A

EX1

1/2/2021

B

EX1

1/2/2021

C

EX1

1/2/2021

D

EX1

1/2/2021

E

EX1

1/2/2021

F

EX1

1/2/2021

G

EX1

1/2/2021

H

EX1

1/2/2021

A

EX2

1/2/2021

B

EX2

The list continues to have about 45000 records.

Each Gas has a limit value. If the Measurement Reading exceeds the limit value of that Gas on any of the six different dates, we want to examine the trend for that Equipment No.  

The problem is to filter the above table for those records exceeding the limit value for each Gas and then finding the distinct Equipment Nos of the last column.

I exported the above table to Excel and worked on successive filtering to find the distinctive Equipment Nos. But I do not know how to do it in DAX or Query Editor.

I need help to write the DAX statements (or Query Editor) to get the filtered table and then extract the distinct Equipment Nos from that table. Thanking you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@amitchandak - Thank you for your response.

I worked on a duplicate table applying the required filters on each of the Gases  through Query Editor and then populated the Equipment Nos in a slicer create a chart. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@kkanda , You need to provide the expected output, what limit you want to set. 

a new table

Distinct Equipment No= distinct(Table[Equipment No])

a new Measure

Distinct Equipment No= distinctcount (Table[Equipment No])

a new Measure with filter

Distinct Equipment No= calculate(distinctcount (Table[Equipment No]), filter(Table, Table[Measurement] >100))

@amitchandak - Thank you for your response.

I worked on a duplicate table applying the required filters on each of the Gases  through Query Editor and then populated the Equipment Nos in a slicer create a chart. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.