Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filtering Schemes in Power BI

Hi,

Do we have filetering schemes in power bi like spotfire does?

I am working on spotfire to power bi migration project, spotfire has filtering schemes applied in couple of reports.

I am not sure how can we do it in power bi?

Scenario: Assume we have 10 pages in a report. (5 Datasources are used)

page1-3: referring datasource1 (D1)

page4-6: referring datasource2 (D2)

page7: referring datasource 3 (D3)

page8:referring datasource 4 (D4)

page9-10: referring datasource 5 (D5)

Requirement: we need 4 filtering schemes named it as A,B,C,D

A: should contain filter set as 3 filters from D1, 5 filters from D2, 1 filter from D3, 4 filters from D4, 1 filter from D5.

it should get fixed for Scheme A in all 10 pages, means when we select scheme A in any of the page out of 10 the above set of filters should be applicable.

Similar way we have different set of filters for each scheme which are fixed for the scheme and should be applicable in all pages of report.

Please let me know if you need further information on the requirement.

kindly respond to this post.

Thanks in advance

Harsha vardhan

3 REPLIES 3
cnweke
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hey,

This can be achieved by using 2 features:

- Synchronised slicers

- Bookmarks

The former ensures that a slicer on one page slices graphs across multiple pages.

The latter gives you the ability to preselect a number of filters/slicers,... and save them. These can then be put on buttons.

Good luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Sync Slicer: I think Sync slicer works as report filter but using sync slicer we can limit pages that should get filter in a report.

My requirement is different, I should have filter scheme that contains different set of filtered values based on scheme from all datasources it refers to all pages.

Bookmarks: Bookmarks helps to swith between pages, As i know it doesn't help to change set of filters dynamically in the same page.

Apprecialte your help.

I don't really understand what your actual use case is.

But I assume it's the following:

You can use bookmarks to do more than just switch between pages. You can hide slicers on one page, save that as a bookmark for each use case. Then you can use each of the buttons to hide all the other slicers and unhide the ones you want to see like:

Btn 1: Hides slicer 1-4, shows slicer 2-6 and hides 7-10

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.