Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pratk30
Advocate I
Advocate I

Filtering OData queries result [Project Online]

Hi folks,

I have pulled one table using Odata query. 

let
Source = OData.Feed("SiteURL/_Api/ProjectData"),
Assignments_table = Source{[Name="Assignments",Signature="table"]}[Data]
in
Assignments_table

This table having some column like Project, Resource, task etc. all are record type.

Is there any idea how to filter all this rows based on some conditions. And these conditions should be applied on these columns's record. There is option of expanding these columns, but getting some error while expanding due to large data. Hence need to know any filter code without expanding these columns.

Untitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @pratk30,

I'm wondering if you could firstly create new columns to get filtered record columns, then delete the original record columns, and last expand the new ones in your scenario.

The query below to create a new column to get filtered record columns for [Baseline] is for your reference. Smiley Happy

=Table.SelectRows(Table.FromRecords([Baseline]), each condition applied on columns within record)

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @pratk30,

I'm wondering if you could firstly create new columns to get filtered record columns, then delete the original record columns, and last expand the new ones in your scenario.

The query below to create a new column to get filtered record columns for [Baseline] is for your reference. Smiley Happy

=Table.SelectRows(Table.FromRecords([Baseline]), each condition applied on columns within record)

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.