Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LexiQiang
Frequent Visitor

Filtering Issue between Table Visuals in DirectQuery

Hi,

I am experiencing a filtering issue between table visuals in DirectQuery mode.

I sourced the dataset from SQL server via DirectQuery mode. As shown in screenshot 1 and 2,   table visuals do not filter correctly when the Timestamp field (data type: Date/Time) is included in the table. This is only an issue in DirectQuery mode. As you can see in screenshot 3, when I switch to import, the filters work fine even when the Timestamp field is included in the table.

screenshot 1screenshot 1screenshot 2screenshot 2screenshot 3screenshot 3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LexiQiang
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Eventually, we spotted that the issue happened because Power BI does not like milliseconds. 

When I was querying the Timestamp field without milliseconds, the filtering was working even in DirectQuery mode.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LexiQiang
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Eventually, we spotted that the issue happened because Power BI does not like milliseconds. 

When I was querying the Timestamp field without milliseconds, the filtering was working even in DirectQuery mode.

@LexiQiang ,

Glad to hear the issue is solved, you can accept your reply as solution to close this issue.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou for posting the problem, at least I can say I'm in the same boaat,

so dont display datetime fields in direct mode, you wont be able to filter data.

I think that Microsoft should solve this annoying bug and cannot consider this a solution....

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.