Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LexiQiang Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Filtering Issue between Table Visuals in DirectQuery

Hi,

I am experiencing a filtering issue between table visuals in DirectQuery mode.

I sourced the dataset from SQL server via DirectQuery mode. As shown in screenshot 1 and 2,   table visuals do not filter correctly when the Timestamp field (data type: Date/Time) is included in the table. This is only an issue in DirectQuery mode. As you can see in screenshot 3, when I switch to import, the filters work fine even when the Timestamp field is included in the table.

screenshot1.jpgscreenshot 1screenshot2.jpgscreenshot 2screenshot3.jpgscreenshot 3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Re: Filtering Issue between Table Visuals in DirectQuery

Hi,

Eventually, we spotted that the issue happened because Power BI does not like milliseconds. 

When I was querying the Timestamp field without milliseconds, the filtering was working even in DirectQuery mode.

2 REPLIES 2
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Eventually, we spotted that the issue happened because Power BI does not like milliseconds. 

When I was querying the Timestamp field without milliseconds, the filtering was working even in DirectQuery mode.

Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

@LexiQiang ,

Glad to hear the issue is solved, you can accept your reply as solution to close this issue.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.