Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

as3znaus
Helper I
Helper I

Filtered margin issue ("Actual %Margin" - "Month -1%Margin")

Hi everyone!

This is my first post in this community 🙂

We've created an excel with the company financial information, and now we are trying to build a report to show the results in weekly progress meetings.

I have a measure called " %Margin" and I've used filters to show a column of "Actual % Margin" (October) and another one of "Month -1 % Margin" (September). 

Let's say that I get the next results: 

Actual % Margin = 0.58 %

Month -1 % Margin = 1.42 %

For the next step, I need a box with a new meassure that shows the difference between margins following the expresion ("Actual %Margin" - "Month -1%Margin") 

Something like:  "% Margin A vs. M-1" = -0.84

How can I get that??

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @as3znaus,

Would you mind sharing sample data of your scenario? Based on your description, you want to calculate difference of Margin from previous month, in this case, you can consider to create a new measure using PARALLELPERIOD function.

And you can review the examples in the following blog and similar thread about how to use PARALLELPERIOD function.

DAX – PARALLELPERIOD
Calculate difference from previous month

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @as3znaus,

Would you mind sharing sample data of your scenario? Based on your description, you want to calculate difference of Margin from previous month, in this case, you can consider to create a new measure using PARALLELPERIOD function.

And you can review the examples in the following blog and similar thread about how to use PARALLELPERIOD function.

DAX – PARALLELPERIOD
Calculate difference from previous month

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

I have try the PARALLELPERIOD function with an example file and I'm pretty sure it worked...

Please find attached the files I used.

https://we.tl/I2Dqbwo78H

Thanks a bunch!

Hi @as3znaus

Based on your PBIX file, you have resolved  this issue, right? If that is the case, we will appreciate that if you can accept helpful reply as answer. That way, it will be easier for other community members to find the solution when they get same issues.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

as3znaus
Helper I
Helper I

no one?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.