Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AndersMadsen
Helper I
Helper I

Filtered count isn't reflected in other visuals when selected

I have a simple measure

m1:  Calculate(FactTable, [solved]=true())

m2  Calculate(FactTable, [solved]=false())

In the same table I have a column (teacher)  which is also either true or false. If you have 1-6 where Solved is true, the first and last 3 have true in teacher.

If I put both measures on a piechart it works fine.

If I click the true part in the pie chart for teacher, the pie chart for Solved changes fine.

However if click on the true part of the solved pie chart, the teacher pie chart won't change to reflect this filter.

I have tried countax(filter(factTable, solved=true(),true);

as well, I have tried with allselected,values  and all, but I can't get this filter function to work.

Any ideas or solutions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndersMadsen
Helper I
Helper I

Alright, a little update.

I made it work.

All I had to do was put the [solved] column into the "Legend" part of the visual. 

The only problem this gives is that I couldn't give the legend the name I wanted (solved, not solved) but was instead shown as "true" or "false". Changing the data labels so I showed percentage and category name was a solution though.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AndersMadsen
Helper I
Helper I

Alright, a little update.

I made it work.

All I had to do was put the [solved] column into the "Legend" part of the visual. 

The only problem this gives is that I couldn't give the legend the name I wanted (solved, not solved) but was instead shown as "true" or "false". Changing the data labels so I showed percentage and category name was a solution though.

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi AndersMadsen,

"However if click on the true part of the solved pie chart, the teacher pie chart won't change to reflect this filter."

<-- Could you please clarify more details about the issue of your filter?

If possible, can you post some dummy data and measures you are using for further analysis?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

AndersMadsen
Helper I
Helper I

to the top

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.