Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JoeD
Regular Visitor

Filtered Slicers - Workaround disabled?

Hi,

I used to use the workaround for filtering slicers - create the visual as a graph/table, apply the required filters, and then change to a slicer.

However, this no longer seems to work, and I'm not aware of an alternative workaround.

Can anybody advise how to achieve the same thing in the latest version?

Thanks,

Joe

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@JoeD

I think no filter for Slicer is by design. May I know why do you have to apply filters to a Slicer?

Regarding any workaround, then moment I can think of is using a filtered calculated table, creating proper relationship to the other tables which are related to the original one. Then put the column in the filtered table to the slicer.

In earlier version, the workaround mentioned in your post actually doesn't work well when no option checked, though slicer looks filtered.

Capture.PNG

Hi Eric,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

The reason I would like to use filters on Slicers is to only show relevant options to the end user.

I.e. I have a table containing 20 categories. On a particular report/dashboard, only 3 of the categories will be relevant. Therefore I would like to only display those 3.

Additionally, I would like to remove (Blank) as an option, again for aesthetics and for relevance.

Thanks again,

Joe

@JoeD

Thanks for the clarification. What's going on with the forementioned workaround, it should go the same as a filtered slicer in earlier versions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.