Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SHS
Resolver I
Resolver I

Filtered Row in Query Editor not applying to related Queries

Hello,

I have 2 queries - 1 containing account master data and 1 containing turnover data (with Account ID being the related column). In the account query I have filtered all inactive accounts. However, the turnover data still shows turnover for the inactive accounts. 

I have a Many to One-relationship with a both cross-filter direction (I have tried to change every possible option for both of these without result). 

Can anyone tell me, why this is the case?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @SHS ,

Yes ideally it should work fine.

Is it possible for you to share your .pbix file after removing any sensitive information?

Also, can you share screenshot of your data model with relationships between these tables here?

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @SHS ,

In edit query you will not see any cross-filtering between these 2 tables.

But when you create a visualisation, the data will get cross-filtered - so displaying only those with ACTIVE accounts.

Try moving your data to a visual and check.

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Hi Pragati, 

Thank you for your quick support. 

It seems to work on visuals like charts and diagrams, but it still shows the turnover data in a table, just with empty data in all account master data-related columns - isn't it supposed to be hided from tables as well? 

Hi @SHS ,

Yes ideally it should work fine.

Is it possible for you to share your .pbix file after removing any sensitive information?

Also, can you share screenshot of your data model with relationships between these tables here?

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.