cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
basroozen Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Filtered Result to date with MoM overview

@LivioLanzo yes it is. The first formula you came up with also worked fine with this date table. 

Super User
Super User

The % looks correct in your picture. I am guessing the signed up users looks wrong to you?

are you able to share a file?

Did I answer your question correctly? Mark my answer as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!  

Regular Visitor

Hi @LivioLanzo,

Unfortunately, I’m not allowed to share the file. Yes the MoM% gets processed correctly, but the totals are just not right. And apart from this formula I haven’t changed anything in the report.

Would you know any other way of approaching this?

Regards

Bas

Super User
Super User

Hi @basroozen

one thing i noticed is that on rows of the matix you're just using the month name, therefore how does the matrix know at which year to look for September?  Consider that now you're getting a cumulative sum of all the days up until end of September as well. 

Did I answer your question correctly? Mark my answer as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!  

Regular Visitor

HI @LivioLanzo,

In my calendar table I have a month and a year column. The date column itself is linked with the user subscription date of my customer table. The calendar table is marked as the date table. 

In the example I sent you indeed I forgot to add the year. There is a year filter on this page as well, and it is ticked. This is also why the previous formula with DATESYTD works perfect. I just can't get my head around why the last formula you sent generates different results, as it all should be fine. I've also sorted my subscription dates ascending to check wheter that would make any difference, but no luck so far!

Thanks

Bas

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi @LivioLanzo,

I found the solution thanks to your help, I think I was making things a bit too complex. Eventually the trick was to just use DATESBETWEEN, and set the start date to a very early date:

# Outlets signed up =

CALCULATE(

distinctCOUNT('Contacts Master'[ID Outlet]),
'Contacts Master'[Signed Up Outlet] = true(),
DATESBETWEEN(_Date[Date], DATE(1901,1,1), LASTDATE(_Date[Date]) )

)

Thanks for your help on getting me there!

Cheers

Bas