Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

faridelmjabber
Frequent Visitor

Filter with condition

hi, i'm trying to get a filter that automatically selects me two field,
example, I want if I select the "TOWN HALL" field, the other corresponding field "TOWN HALL - TEMPERATURE" is automatically selected,
some idea? Is it possible to create a filter with a query?

Cattura.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@faridelmjabber ,

I would recommend you to enable "Search" option on your slicer and type "Town Hall" in search bar then select required fields related to Town Hall.

Capture.JPG

Don't forget to give thumbs up 👍and accept this as a solution if it helped you.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes @Tahreem24 ,

Good solution also.

If you want to go down the Calculated column route the following DAX should work for you.

High Level Selection = IF(CONTAINSSTRING(Table1[Selections],"-"),LEFT(Table1[Selections],FIND("-",Table1[Selections])-2),Table1[Selections])

(Obvious disadvantage to this solution is that you will strip out anything after the "-" character. So this will work for all rows in your example,  however will give undesirable results if your row contains 2 or more instances of the "-")

🙂 sduffy

thanks for the tip but it can't work for me, because they can be given for example:
TOWN HALL 1
TOWN HALL 2
TOWN HALL - TEMPERATURE

If I select 1 I must restore 1 + temeratua, and if I select two I must take 2 + temperatures

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @faridelmjabber 

I would consider a new calculated Column that incorporates a high level common factor between the  'xxx' & 'xxx - Temparatura'.  Then you would slice/filter based on the high level column.

Let me know if you are unsure.

Regards, sduffy

it can't work for me, because the table is always updating with new values

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.