Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pattersonm8
Helper II
Helper II

Filter with Calendar Visual by MAQ Software

Love this calendar visual - but whenever select any Filter (we have many including slider date range) it loses the color coding set so confuses the user.  Anyone have this issue or workaround to make it hold the color coding per event group no matter how filtered? 

(I have tried to select numerous filters and set to cover up, however, the date range changes daiy and would have to do for every single date which is not feasible)

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@pattersonm8 

It is by design that it will change based on filter. You might able to add a filter expression in your measure to ignore the filters that do not want to use. E.g. for event groups, something like: Filter(All(table) [EventGroup]=MAX(EventGroup)). 

Paul Zheng 

Best Regards

View solution in original post

I don't understand why filtering would change the color?  For example if had color coded for olympic events and basketball was orange, track red, swimming blue, etc. - when filtered on different days why would they all change to diffreent colors than selected, so now basketball green, track orange and swimming red and then another day sports are all different colors again? 

I submitted to their page and they said this is an issue they are working on, so not by design 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@pattersonm8 

It is by design that it will change based on filter. You might able to add a filter expression in your measure to ignore the filters that do not want to use. E.g. for event groups, something like: Filter(All(table) [EventGroup]=MAX(EventGroup)). 

Paul Zheng 

Best Regards

I don't understand why filtering would change the color?  For example if had color coded for olympic events and basketball was orange, track red, swimming blue, etc. - when filtered on different days why would they all change to diffreent colors than selected, so now basketball green, track orange and swimming red and then another day sports are all different colors again? 

I submitted to their page and they said this is an issue they are working on, so not by design 

This was their response 

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. We’ve identified the issue and are working to fix it. Please follow our beta build page for bug updates.

-Abhijeet from MAQ Software

Calendar Visual does not retain color coding on Filters – MAQ Software (zendesk.com)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.